Vibratory Level Sensor - Single Probe by Monitor Technologies
POINT LEVEL Indicator
Vibratory Level Sensor for Bulk Solids
What's the DuraVibe Advantage?
DureVibe VibraRod™ is fail-safe, versatile and easy to use!
Stainless steel probe construction for durable, maintenance-free performance
Reliable & Fail-Safe Sensor
- Probe is tip-sensitive and unaffected by material build-up near mounting base
- Reduced probe diameter and overall length to make it less vulnerable to bending and less susceptible to material build-up
- Self-cleaning probe eliminates false signals found with “tuning fork” designs.
- Fail safe feature provides alarm in case of a power failure.
Why is DuraVibe the industry-leading vibratory level sensor?
- Works with varying moisture, temperature, material composition.
- Detects light (10 lbs/ft3) to heavy, dense materials with proper protective baffling.
- Pipe extensions available
- Ordinary and Hazardous location approvals - View Specifications
- Intrinsically safe probe for ultimate hazardous location protection.
Easy Setup & Use
- No calibration required! Easy installation and commissioning.
- Bi-color external LED provides visual indication (ord. location only).
- Two Conduit Openings.
Typical target materials
|Feed & Grain||Sand|
|Wood shavings||..and more!|
- Ideal for reliable detection of materials whose physical characteristics are variable, such as, changes in moisture, temperature, composition or geometric shape.
Excellent for a variety of materials with densities as low as 10 lbs/ft3 (160 kg/m3); with a maximum particle size of about 1 inch (25 mm).
Acceptable for installations where material clings to sidewall as probe is tip-sensitive and unaffected by material build-up near mounting base.
Level detection / back-up protection for dust collection hoppers.
Principle of Operation
The DuraVibe™ Model VibraRod™ vibrating point level sensor is a mechanical resonance system that is excited at a resonance by an electrical circuit. Two piezoelectric crystals are mounted internally at the probe’s base. The electronic module generates an electrical signal that has an equivalent frequency to the probe’s resonant frequency; this signal is applied to one crystal, which causes the probe to vibrate.
The vibration is monitored by the second crystal which provides an electrical signal back to the electronic module. When material contacts and surrounds the probe, the vibration is dampened and the signal from the second crystal is reduced.
This signal reduction is detected by the electronic module, which reacts by providing a signal out of the module through the relay contacts. The sensitivity for the VibraRod is selectable. The single probe design prevents material bridging, which is common with the dual-blade (“tuning fork”) design.
- For high and low level applications that extend beyond the length of a standard probe.
- Top-mount is intended for high-level applications only and is suitable for lengths up to 6’ (1.8m).
- Side-mount is acceptable for short lengths and where probe is properly supported.