Roto-Flate® Valve by Roto-Disc®
Inflatable Seal Spherical Valve
For high pressure and vacuum environments.
Roto-Flate valves feature a bubble-tight sealing system that is ideal for high pressure and vacuum environments. The positive seal prevents leakage of liquids, gasses or dry material into or out of the valve. Bubble-tight sealing means your process runs more efficiently because compressors or vacuum pumps won’t be overloaded.
- Mechanical interlock of dome rotation and seal inflation, designed to close and inflate in all failure modes. Learn more
- Highly fluorinated elastomer seals for corrosive environments
- Standard valve fails closed with loss of electricity
- Optional reserve air tank for loss of pneumatics
- Inflatable seal lock-in for easy removal and replacement of seal and O-rings
- BUBBLE-TIGHT AGAINST FULL VACUUM AND PRESSURE UP TO 150PSIG
- Heavy-duty construction
- Bidirectional sealing
- No sliding contact between dome and seal
- Full-open port
- Long, low-maintenance service life
Mechanics of Operation
Compressed air enters the inflatable seal assembly and inflates the seal against the dome.
Compressed air is released causing the seal to relax and allowing the dome to rotate.
DELAY INTERLOCK SYSTEM (DIS)
The Roto-Flate’s Delay Interlock System (DIS) allows the valve to be controlled with just one signal to open and one to close.
This unique device, developed exclusively by Roto-Disc, Inc. makes controlling the Roto-Flate as easy as any quarter-turn valve, while still providing the high performance of a two-stage sealing system.
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
Body, Dome & Retaining Plates: Stainless Steel (316, 304, Duplex), Carbon Steel (4140, WCB, A36), Ductile Iron, Hastelloy, Monel, Other alloys upon request.
Seal Material: Neoprene, Viton®, Viton®-B, Viton®-GF, Viton® Extreme, EPDM, Perflouroelastomer, Buna-N and Heat-Stable Silicon. Some materials available in white.
Coatings & Hardfacings:
Electroless Nickel, Tungsten Carbide, Hard Chrome, Teflon® PFA
Two Roto-Flate valves are placed in series and are opened and closed independently so pressure or vacuum is contained above or below the assembly.
- Pneumatic Conveying
- Tank & Pressure Vessel Discharge
- Vacuum Dryer Inlet & Discharge
- Pump-line Shut-off
- Reactor Inlet & Discharge
- Gravity Shut-off of Abrasives
- Lock-hopper Valves
PRESSURES & TEMPERATURES
- Bubble-tight against full vacuum and pressure up to 150psig
- Seal pressure 5-15psi greater than system pressure
- Temperatures up to 475°F, depending on seal material and system pressures. Water cooling available for higher temperatures
- Hot water & steam heating, jacketing and heat-tracing packages available for thermal regulation of valve body and/or dome