Self Cleaning & Manual Clean Suspended Electromagnets from Eriez
Protect your equipment from damaging tramp metal
The Suspended Electromagnet removes damaging tramp metal from coal, limestone, sand, gravel, municipal waste, wood products, recycled materials, other ores and almost any conveyed nonferrous material.
The electromagnet is typically mounted or suspended over a conveyor belt to remove large pieces of tramp metal that represent a hazard to downstream crushers, mills, pulverizers and grinders. Suspended electromagnets also remove sharp metal that can damage or tear expensive conveyor belts, especially at transfer points.
Product purity is enhanced with the separation power of the suspended electromagnet.
Some Models available on 10-Day Quick Ship
- Exclusive oil expansion tank prevents condensation and protects against hot spots to extend coil life
- Aluminum or copper coils use Nomex insulation and fiberglass spacers to prevent shorts
- Five-year warranty on coil assembly
- New adjustable oil expansion tank design for any installation angle is mounted with slotted brackets, allowing the user to rotate the tank so the moisture drain is always on the low side
- Lift lugs now include two side-by-side holes to allow for simultaneous hoisting and installation of the suspension gear
- 23 magnet sizes, 69 standard models and hundreds of special designs available for unique applications
- CSA approved designs for both manual and self cleaning units
- Upgraded coil design for elevations greater than 3,000 feet above sea level
- High fire point coolants
- Zero speed switches
- Dust covers
- Pulley guards and controls
- Permanent extensions and monitoring devices
- Force-cooled units available for high temperature applications
10-Day Express Shipment
Six of our most popular manual cleaning SE-7000 Series Suspended Electromagnet models are available for express assembly in 10 days (two are in stock with standard options). These quick-ship, manual clean magnets range from 42 to 78 inches wide, offering a size to meet most typical conveyor widths and include options for suspension style, junction box rating, high elevations and oil type. Don’t forget to order controls, they’ll be ready as well.
Styles & Models
All Manual Cleaning (MC) SE-7000 series models are cleaned of accumulated tramp iron by turning off magnet power periodically. MC models are recommended when occasional pieces or small amounts of iron may contaminate material flow. Six models available on 10-Day Quick Ship Program.
Self Cleaning (SC) SE-7000 series models provide completely automatic iron removal and can be installed in an “in-line” or “cross belt” position. Both SC models have a short belt conveyor built around the magnet to effect automatic removal of tramp iron from the magnet face.
Belt Tensioning and Tracking for Suspended Magnets
The video below is a step-by-step instructional guide to properly adjusting the tensioning & tracking for an Eriez suspended electromagnet.