Rotary Airlock Valves BY PRATER INDUSTRIES
individually customized to your exact processing specifications
Prater’s Rotary Airlock Valves are expertly designed and fully customized for most application requirements, especially for materials that may be highly abrasive. Prater airlocks have an innovative larger vane pocket design that allows up to 50% more volume, running at lower speeds than other manufacturers’ rotary airlock and valve feeders. Pair this with their exclusive self-adjusting packing glands and you have a rotary airlock valve that provides minimum air leakage, a longer life, less maintenance and a higher return on your investment.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- CFR (Cubic Feet per Revolution): Industry leading CFR allowing up to 50% more volume per revolution. This enables the rotor to run at lower speeds than other manufacturers, increasing efficiency and equipment life. Alternatively, it may allow for a smaller Prater airlock to be specified than the competitors.
- Castings: Precision machined, heavy-duty cast iron or stainless steel construction providing long life and durability with minimal air loss at operating temperature ranges. Designed for up to 15 psi differential pressure. Perfect for pneumatic applications.
- Universal Flanges: Oversized design able to accommodate multiple bolt patterns for a wide range of installations.
- Rotors: Precision machined eight-blade, heavy-duty fabricated design ensures minimal deflection and improved seal as compared to 6 blade designs.
- Design: Compact size and head height allows for easy installation or replacement of most competitors airlocks. Standard transitions required to replace competitor airlocks provided at no cost.
- Motors: Inverter-duty designed with integrated gearboxes and heavy-duty chain drives (direct drive available).
- Bearings: Easily replaceable, outboard-mounted, maintenance–free lubricated bearings.
- Packing Glands: Self-adjusting design ensures consistent load on packing to reduce leakage and help extend shaft seal life. Designed for simple maintenance.
- Operating Temperature: Standard models operable up to 500 ℉. Custom models up to 1000℉.
- Standards: Compliant with NFPA-69 standards. Third-party tested.
ROTARY AIRLOCK VALVE OPTIONS
ABRASION RESISTANT ROTARY AIRLOCK VALVES
Built to withstand high abrasive applications and corrosive products.
BLOW-THRU ROTARY AIRLOCK VALVE
For applications that require discharging into a pneumatic conveying line.
DUST COLLECTOR ROTARY AIRLOCK VALVE
Budget-friendly choice for general use under dust collectors, cyclones & hoppers.
HEAVY DUTY PAV ROTARY AIRLOCK VALVES
Ideal for handling dry, free-flowing powders where a pressure differential exists.
QUICK TAKE APART ROTARY VALVE ON RAILS
Tool-less access and rails with 3X load capacity vs. competition.
QUICK TAKE APART ROTARY AIRLOCK VALVE
For applications that require quick cleaning or take-apart.