Custom Screw Conveyor Systems by Thomas Conveyor Co.
Wide Variety of Screw Conveyor Systems
Thomas Conveyor manufactures screw conveyors as small as 4 inches in diameter and up to 120 inches in diameter, with material thickness up to 1-1/2 inches. Their reputation for engineering and technological expertise in state-of-the-art screw conveyor systems is built with over 60 years’ experience in material handling. Thomas understands the intricacies of conveying material horizontally, at an incline, and vertically with conventional, shaftless, and high-temperature equipment.
Screw Conveyors are one of the oldest and simplest devices used for the movement of bulk materials. Our screw conveyor systems are compact and easily adapted to congested locations. They can be used as a mixer or agitator, mixing and blending dry or wet ingredients. Screw conveyors are available in a wide variety of materials resistant to corrosion, abrasion, and heat. Horizontal, inclined, or vertical conveyors are also available. Thomas Conveyor is the largest custom screw conveyor manufacturer in North America.
Types of Screw Conveyor
- Pressurized Screw Conveyors use tubular or pipe housing with ANSI flanges, or a reinforced U-trough. This type of conveyor is used for conveying various types of chemicals, and in fire-suppression applications.
- Stainless Steel Screw Conveyor are ideal for food grade applications. Exotic stainless materials for corrosive resistance and Abrasive resistant options available
- Shaftless Screw Conveyor systems are used in applications where particle sizes are large. They do not require hanger bearings because there is no center pipe. Typical applications include bottling plants, rendering, recycling plants, and wastewater treatment.
- Ribbon Flight Conveyors consist of sectional flights, butt-welded to form a continuous helix. The flights are secured to the center pipe by supporting legs. Ribbon flight conveyors are used to convey tacky, gummy, or viscous substances, or in applications where the material tends to adhere to the flighting and pipe.
- Paddle Screw Conveyors are used in applications where material needs to be mixed before reaching its destination. Adjustable paddles provide complete mixing action and controlled material flow. Conveying action can be controlled by adjusting the angle of the paddles.
- Heat Transfer Screw Conveyor systems cool or heat bulk materials during conveyance. These units feature special tubular jacketed housings.
- The Thomas Grit Washer is used to separate, classify, and dewater grit from wastewater and grit slurries.
Thomas Conveyor is one of the largest custom screw conveyor manufacturers in North America. As an active member of the Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association (CEMA), Thomas Conveyor is always up-to-date with the latest engineering and manufacturing techniques. Our screw conveyor systems are available in a wide variety of materials resistant to corrosion, abrasion, and heat. We offer conveyors for use in horizontal, inclined, and vertical applications. Our screw conveyor systems are designed to meet and surpass all application requirements.
Screw Conveyor Advantages
Several options and parts combinations are available for conveying a wide variety of materials in many different markets.
The normal rotation of the screw when conveying material also lifts and tumbles the product, which makes a screw conveyor an efficient mixer.
Simultaneous Conveyance in Two Directions
Combining right-hand and left-hand flights produces bidirectional conveyance.
No need for soft-start units.
Properly applied screw conveyors can handle product at temperatures above 1000 degree F.
Many special materials and hard-coating options are available to extend screw life in extremely abrasive applications.
Flood Loading Capability
Screw feeders are very efficient and reliable in regulating feed to downstream equipment. The screw diameter, pitch combination, pipe size, and flight configuration can be customized to solve specific bin unloading requirements.
Total Enclosure Screw Conveyor Systems
Completely enclosed systems protect the environment from the product being handled (dust-tight) and/or protect the conveyed material from the environment.
Large Lump Size
Within industry guidelines, conveyance of pieces up to 7-1/2” is possible.
Multiple Inlets or Discharges
Intermediate inlets and/or discharges are readily added.