BULK BAG UNLOADERS BY HAPMAN
VERSATILITY MEETS DURABILITY
QUICK & EFFICIENT SOLUTION.
Each bulk bag unloader is equipped with the features you need to maximize your bag handling process – from a cantilevered I-beam to an electric hoist and trolley for loading and unloading of bulk bags without the use of a forklift. Other bulk bag unloader designs include frames for forklift loading, and low-profile units for use in low ceiling areas where lack of overhead room would impede the full extension of the forklift.
Also available are bulk bag unloader half-frames that can be used with existing hoist and monorail systems, a loss-in-weight option for uninterrupted feeding directly from bulk bags in batching operations, and other engineered designs for specialized requirements.
Hapman Bulk Bag Unloaders are often used along with other material handling equipment. Below are just a couple examples of how bulk bag discharge equipment has helped facilities in all material handling applications, maximizing their bulk purchases by optimizing how the bags are unloaded.
Dry Granulated Material – The customer had a challenging material handling issue – Their product was purchased in bulk bags of various size granules. Their process could only handle smaller-sized particles. To effectively handle the bulk bags and optimize larger-quantity material purchases, we helped this customer by designing a complete unloading and pre-processing system. This picture shows the bulk bag unloader with a hoist and trolley assembly, iris valve at the bag discharge with the spout untie box and hopper. Hapman Vacuum Conveyor lifts the material into a screener, which separates the larger particles out of the process and delivers the small particles directly to the assembly line.
Fine Powder – In this application, the customer used a hoist and trolley-style unloader to empty the large bags of protein powder. The discharge valve is a pinch valve, which allows the operator to close prior to the release of material, thus preventing a large instantaneous load on the system. This unit includes an untie box and a hopper. Hapman Helix® Flexible Screw Conveyor is mounted off of the hopper, elevating the powder into the mixer.
- Long-lasting robust frame designed for your specific bag size and application.
- Custom-designed frame fits tight spaces when you need to work around or straddle another piece of equipment or obstruction, or have restricted headroom.
- Integral bag dump station for manually dumping smaller bags/minor ingredients.
- Pneumatic bag and side puncher bag agitation
- Pinch valve for retying bags
- Untie boxes designed for your particular application
- Integral dust handling (see images below)
- Manual iris valves (see images below)
- Choose a hoist and trolley style or forklift style frame, which offers adjustable heights, to suit your application.
- Hoists are available for a variety of electrical classifications, as well as chain or wire rope configurations.
- Pneumatic bag agitator improves the flow of compacted or difficult-to-dispense materials.
- Pneumatically activated pinch valve allows the operator to retie bags when necessary.
- Pan utilizing rubber vibration dampers and an ATEX-rated electric vibrator improves material discharge.
- Batch weigh systems for loss-in weight allow batching operations that are accurate to one pound or less.
- Self-contained dust control collection system maximizes dust protection and minimizes lost product. These units require half the space and cost less than stand-alone units.
- Create a dust-tight spout-to-hopper connection with optional Flex-Connect™ flexible spout connector.
Utilizing numerous options and standard features, your Bulk Bag Unloader will be designed and manufactured to meet your specific needs.
There are very few moving parts and very limited preventative maintenance required for the Bulk Bag Unloaders, providing you with years of trouble free service.
Through the use of the optional Access Chamber with Integral Dust Collector, your displaced air and dust will be captured and the material returned to your product stream.
Through the use of the optional load cells and batching controls the unloading system can provide you with precise loss-in-weight feedback as to the exact amount of material that has been discharged from the bag.