Tubular Drag Conveyors from Hapman
Not all drag conveyors are created equal
Versatility Meets Durability
When your requirements include:
- Longer distances
- Unique layout configurations over multiple levels
- Numerous inlet & discharge points
- Durability to handle abrasive material
- Gently convey friable material
You need Tubular Drag Conveyors from Hapman.
Convey product in a completely sealed system. The sprocket drive in our tubular drag conveyors slowly pulls a heavy-duty chain through a fully enclosed pipe. As the chain moves your material through the pipe there is no chance for dusting, explosions or contamination issues.
Use less energy than other conveyors. The low-horsepower motor produces the slow, steady drag that cuts your energy costs when conveying powders or bulk solids.
Move challenging materials. Our tubular drag conveyors handle high-moisture ingredients and abrasive, blended, friable, easy-to-compact or smear products without compromising quality or efficiency.
One conveyor does the work of several. A modular design means we can configure our tubular drag conveyors to move your product vertically, horizontally, at any angle and around corners. Need more than one inlet/outlet in your bulk material handling process? Add as many as you need.
The fundamental operation of tubular drag conveyors involves a chain with flights that pull material through a sealed pipe circuit. They operate at high torque/low speed, and their capacity is determined by the diameter of the flight and the speed at which the chain assembly can be pulled through the pipe. Tubular Drag Conveyors are sealed to upstream and downstream equipment by a hard flange or a flexible sleeve. The layout of these conveyors allows for pipe bends, multiple inlet and discharge points, and routing through multiple planes and in any direction.
Get a Quote
Call us at (281) 350-0550
or email us at email@example.com
- Dust-free operation. Tubular Drag Conveyors feature completely sealed construction that confines bulk materials within the equipment. You convey materials in any direction – horizontally, vertically, at any angle and around corners – without dusting, odors, contamination, or spillage.
- Convey up to 50 cfm (1.416 cmm). A sprocket drive pulls a chain through a stationary outer casing. Flights attached at regular intervals along the chain convey material from inlet points to discharge points.
- Longer life from chain than steel cable. Chain is less prone to fatigue, wear and stretch than steel cable. As individual parts on the chain wear out, you can replace them at a much lower cost and time expense than replacing the entire steel cable in other conveyors.
- Work day-in, day-out with minimal chain wear. A heavy-duty chain allows you to start, stop and operate our conveyors under load all day long.
- Discharge 100% of your product. Hapman’s exclusive, self-cleaning discharge gate is rounded to the shape of the pipe. Unlike flat gates in other conveyors, there is no place for your product to get trapped.
- Minimal maintenance required. The automatic chain take-up idler in our Tubular Drag Conveyors makes adjustments as the chain stretches so you don’t have to do regular manual tightening.
- Eliminate multiple conveyors with multiple inlets/outlets. We can install numerous inlets and/or discharge points into a single tubular drag conveyor, allowing you to add ingredients and discharge product all along the way. Tubular construction lets you reconfigure your design as your floor layout or process needs change.
- Reduced energy usage. A low-horsepower, electric motor drives material for hundreds of feet.