Fail-Safe Self-Validating Rotary Paddle Bin Level Indicators by Monitor Technologies
Point Level Indicator
Rotary Paddle Level Switches
- Point Level Sensor for Bins, Silos, Hoppers and Other Vessels Storing Bulk Solids
- Self-Validating Eliminates Costs Associated With Unexpected Sensor Failures
- Industry-First Magnetic Sensing Technology (Patented)
- Monitor Sensor Health, Not Just System Power Failure - "Fail-Safe" PLUS
- Twist On/Off Cover - No More Bolts!
- Wiring Access - 2 Conduit Entrances
- Motor Shuts Off When Paddle is Impeded to Significantly Extend Motor Life and Reduce Maintenance Costs
- Local Status Indicating Light On Most Models
- Standard SafePoint Level Switch Rated to +250°F (+121°C)
- Hi-Temp SafePoint Level Switch Rated to +750°F (+399°C)
- Hazardous Location Approval Available
- Unique Low Voltage DC Design Available
Imagine a bin level switch that is more than just an indicator of the presence or absence of material. Picture technology that allows intelligent devices to indicate when something is wrong. Dream that a level sensor provides real-time information when the quality of the sensor function no longer allows it to operate as you expect. That is a “self-validating” bin level indicator. Now you can wake up, your dream has arrived. Costly overfilling and outages due to sensor failure can now be avoided!
The SafePoint® self-validating bin level indicator from Monitor is the state-of-the-art in rotary paddle technology. Going beyond traditional fail-safe sensor technology that only protects against power failure, the SafePoint bin monitor is the most reliable, rotary paddle point level control sensor available.
The SafePoint bin level switch provides the ultimate in performance wherever critical continuous operation must be ensured. Detection of both material presence and its own operational status is performed on a continuous basis.
The SafePoint level sensor monitors its electrical and mechanical operating condition. This, in conjunction with separate outputs for material sense and unit status (fault conditions) make the SafePoint a "truly" fail-safe, self-validating device.
- Self-validating operation monitors electrical and mechanical status for critical applications- beyond “fail-safe”
- Use of magnetic sensing technology ensures reliable operation even in dusty environments
- Twist on/off cover for convenient and easy access – No bolts to lose or hold
- 1-1/4” NPT or 1-1/2” BSPT process connections
- Two conduit connections provide easy wiring access
- Microcontroller-based electronics ensures consistent and reliable operation
- Independent SPDT relays for “sense” and “fault" outputs
- Local Indication (ordinary locations only) of operating status
- Cast aluminum housing with rugged powder coat finish
- High Temperature version available (up to 750°F/399°C)